Module 9: Activity 11 - Closing Reflections



Final Reflections:

While working through this module I have encountered some setback which forced me to change my approach, but I have managed to come this far.  The journey has not been smooth but certainly most enlightening.

It is a very big undertaking to be a leader but with skills such as vision, good communication and determination the job can be accomplished.  I have been given an opportunity to focus on the positive side of leadership with an emphasis on the implementation of ICT in the learning environment.  As a result I have been able to discern through the various processes that a good leader is able to influence the direction of the school and as such is critically important to the school's vision.  I am therefore determined to improve on my leadership qualities so that I will become a great leader who will guide, direct and empower others to see the vision.

Through several interactions with stakeholders while working on the various activities I am pleased that my aspirations are heightened.  There are still many things that still need to be addressed but we have been able to make several positive steps.  From surveys and meetings we have obtained critical information that can be used to guide the implementation process along.  I have already observed a greater appreciation for the vision and the use of several ICT tools are already included in subject classes.  The whole school vision will allow the use and implementation for everyone and not just those who are already comfortable with the technology.  It will also ensure that ICT will not only be technologically driven but will be pedagogically driven.

I look forward with great anticipation to the implementation process and the possibilities that await us at my school.  The seeds have been planted, now we water them, pull the weeds that can cause disappointments, and await a bounteous harvest.  The previous courses that I've completed truly helped us prepare for this phase.  My vision was not all encompassing but at this juncture I am now able to make the connection with all other learning activities that we were guided through with the help of the tutors and the organization, COL.  Working closely with the stakeholders who share our vision is definitely one aspect of future developments that I will foster.  I am also very encouraged to continue my own personal growth in the area of ICT which will enable me to make meaningful contribution to the process not only at my school but whenever the need arises.

I am encouraged.....








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 8 Activity 2 - Learning in an ICT enabled classroom

Module 2A-4: activity 11 - Creating a Personal Learning Network