Module 1 - Activity 7 Cooperative Learning

Cooperative learning can be a successful teaching strategy by which groups of students with varying abilities come together to share with the sole purpose of better understanding a subject matter. 
Observations that were made after concluding my session with my students were:
• There were increased social interaction among the students
• Knowledge were strengthened by sharing with peers
• Cooperative learning allowed me to track the students progress
• I was able to see deficiency in a student
• I was better able to identify problem areas within the lesson
• Better able to gauge homework to offer additional information in weak areas
I have concluded that cooperative learning, as any other learning style needs to be monitored and implemented to better develop our students. The structure needs to cater to the students’ tastes and for better results the groups should be kept small. Using cooperative learning consistently and systematically can be very beneficial to our students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 8 Activity 2 - Learning in an ICT enabled classroom

Module 2A-4: activity 11 - Creating a Personal Learning Network