Module 1 - Activity 8 Piaget's Influence

After completing this assignment I am more aware of the need for us as teachers to understand the cognitive theory and stages that our children should go through in the learning process.  Assessing their prior knowledge when beginning a new topic is always the first thing I do. What I think they already know is often different to what they do know. How children learn is an agreed fact that Piaget has helped me to focus on in all of my classes.  I plan my lessons to cater to the needs of each of my student.
A personal evaluation of one's self would lead us to consider that if we continue to bring the same planning each year and teach the same topics using the same methods then our children would be the worst for it.  Through exploring and inquiring we can challenge our beliefs and gain new insights into improving the way we practice so that our students will receive MAXIMUM benefits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 8 Activity 2 - Learning in an ICT enabled classroom

Module 2A-4: activity 11 - Creating a Personal Learning Network