Module 4 - Activity 3 Diversity

Each child must be recognized as an individual and the understanding that they learn, respond and retrieve information differently is a major key to managing diversity in the teaching and learning environment.  My knowledge of diversity has influenced my view of teaching, learning and assessment in such a significant way that I do not focus on the difference but rather on the effect that that difference brings to the session. With the knowledge that every student learns in a different way allows me the opportunity to prepare more inclusive lessons for the various types of learners which include those who learn better by seeing, hearing or even by touching.  It is very important to me because I know if they are not properly catered to, can end up becoming very frustrated and may leave. Education is too important to have our students become frustrated enough to leave so as educators we are compelled to guard against that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 8 Activity 2 - Learning in an ICT enabled classroom

Module 2A-4: activity 11 - Creating a Personal Learning Network